Thursday, April 06, 2006

Getting Wet

Today's downpour of rain was truely a refreshment for the soul. As I was walking back and forth from class God told me a few things that really lifted my soul. As the sweet rain fell on my head, I realized that this downpour sybolizes the redemption and blessings God so graciously gives to his people. He not only washes away our sin, but he wants to bless his people. I hope with faith that this is the desire of God for the campus. To wash away the sins and brokenness that permeates the grounds of this campus; then to pour out his unending blessing until they cover this entire campus. I truely believe that the rain was a symbol of God's heart and desire for the people on this campus. Almost a reminder of God's plan of redemptive restoration.

The rain also reminded me of God's faithfulness in all seasons of my life. Just like Isreal encountered years of drought during Elisha's time, so do I ever so often. The rain reminded me that the desert place is only the foreshadow of the times of refreshing rain. The downpour reminded me that seasons of the soul will change, and that for me, God is going to change the season. I wonder how greatly the Isrealites celebrated when the clouds finally poured down rain. I look at myself and wonder how greatly do I celebrate when God pours not only his physical rains, but his spritual rains every single day.

Lastly, I realized that many times people are afraid of getting wet ( I can certainly say I am afraid so many times). But as I was walking in the soaking rain, I realized that if God is going to make you wet, you mind as well go all out! If God is going to pour down buckets of rain, why carry an umbrella to stay dry from God's downpour. Instead, why not get as wet as possible. Now, I'm not talking about the physical, hopefully as you may discern. Instead, I'm talking about the countless times God pours down his blessings as well as his trials and the countless times I put up my umbrella. If God's gonna make me wet, I mine as well go all in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehehe. I like rain.