Friday, August 04, 2006

The Return Home

It's kinda weird returning home to a much quieter and emptier house. My return home meal consisted of a bunch of double stuffed Oreos, a microwaved piece of pizza, and a can of lukewarm coke. Kinda depressing isn't it? Well it feels that way. I'm experiencing what they call re-entry syndrome. Where the body and mind are both weak and prone to spiritual attack. In fact, I can feel a lot of spiritual attack coming on already. I just want to roll up into a cacoon and never emerge. However, I long to see many beloved friends and family to see how God has been working in their lives and share about what God has been teaching me at the UP of Michigan.

What I came back with:
1. A wealth of equiping for God's kingdom
2. Renewed vision and encouragement
3. A big realization of my pride, shame, and selfishness
4. A fuller perspective on God's kingdom and where I stand in that
5. Fond memorizes and cherished relationships
6. A nice farmer's tan
7. A piece of drift wood
8. A whole lot of dirty laundry
9. A whole lot of things I still have to deal with
10. A call to live a much risker life for God

In depth stuff and maybe some pictures later.

No comments: