Sunday, January 08, 2006

A Look Back and a Look Ahead

A few days ago I gathered up enough courage to check my final grades for the semester. I must say that God completely carried me through the semester. Starting out the year and realizing that sophomore year is a whole lot harder than freshmen year, I quickly fell behind. A perpetual worried plagued me through out the semester. However, through this experience, God really showed me how to cherish hard work and to cast my anxieties on to him. Life's funny how when we look back on events, we wonder why we did not trust in God more. My GPA dropped a little bit, but oh well. Do not get me wrong, praising God seems easy when you get some decent grades. I certainly wish that God will really be able to humble me so that I can praise him in all situations even over trivial issues like bad grades. Nonetheless, praise God! He sustained me through the semester.

I look forward to next semester. Honestly, I once felt peace about my major, but over the course of winter break, I am not so sure any more... Looking forward to seeing where God will lead me. My schedule is alright. (There should be a 6:00 to 8:00 lab on Wednesday). Hopefully, I will have the discipline to manage my time to serve God more fully.

I am excited and nervous about changing into the role of M.C. for the up coming semester. Excited about the change in responsibility and the opportunity to bring people to God. Nervous about the administrative and organizational responsibilities I will have as M.C. But more importantly, I am nervous about not living up to God's standard for me. Walking in the ways of the Lord is easy before the battle begins. I may talk the talk, but will I truly walk the walk? Will I serve others rather than myself, will I be able to fully step out in faith for God? I will never know until the battle begins. God has equipped me, the time has come to battle test my faith.

No comments: